Friday, April 17, 2009

Ginger, The Professor, Mary Ann...

I stopped off at the local (by that I mean 29 miles away) health food/herbal products/tree huggin' hippie/ginko biloba/placebo store this morning trying to score some crystallized ginger for the mom-to-be. Her morning nausea is getting bad, so anything seems like it will help. Not knowing what in the world I'm looking for (aside from the aforementioned crystals), I ask the shopkeep (who I swear is part giant) for some. I felt a bit like an addict asking for my hit. "Hey, man. You holding any crystal ging?" I ask in my best casual non-drug-seeking tone. The guy said that the only way it comes is in huge tubs. HUGE freakin' tubs of crystallized ginger. "Yo, Home Slice, hook me up with that!" I say to the good shop's proprietor. He then tells me that they had to stop carrying it since no one wanted HUGE FREAKIN' TUBS of ginger. My response? "Dang, yo, that's whack like crack." So, I had to settle for the chew kind of ginger candy. Tastes a lot like a chewy Red Hot. We're gonna try it out tomorrow morning since she doesn't have to go to work and can sleep it off.

In other news, I've been promoted to the rank of "Senior Picture Uploader" for this baby journey. So, requests for picture can be placed here. No promises that I'll take them, and no promises that I'll post them if I do, but it's nice to get some feedback. We're attention whores at Chez West.

Finally, only 22 days left to get your vote in on if the baby will be a boy or girl!

3 comments:

  1. carly/jon, please tell me if it's finally showing as an official follower of the "cletus the fetus" blog. i farking hate computers. i so suck at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, carly, you're SO having a girl. i say that b/c i truly feel it will freak out out the most and you're expecting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! This was the funniest blog I've read. At least, the funniest one I've read today :)

    Oh, and I'm submitting a request for pictures. TAKE THEM!

    ReplyDelete